Thursday, September 22, 2011

Troy Davis:Executed without Evidence

ISAIAH 33:22 For the LORD is our judge,the LORD is our lawgiver,
the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us.

Dear brothers and sisters: It saddens me to write about this particular execution. There are many that have happened in the USA before this one and unfortunately if nothing is done more to follow. First, let me say that I am against the DEATH PENALTY!! Always have been and always will be! I believe it is not right for one to take the life of another to punish them for crimes committed against humanity unless God forbid an extreme measure is presented. I believe the party at hand should be imprisoned for life.

Because I am a devout spiritual being, I know that even God allows the unjust another chance. Troy Davis was convicted of shooting a cop in Savannah, GA back in 1989. Officer Mark MacPhail was working as a security guard at a Burger King restaurant when he intervened to defend a man being assaulted in a nearby parking lot... I won't go into much more detail of this story please research it for yourself when you get time to. I have listed on source site below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Davis_case .

Up until the time of his death Troy Davis declared his innocence and his last words to Officer MacPhail's family was:"I did not personally kill your son, father and brother. I am innocent,” and to those who executed him he said:“May God have mercy on your souls. May God bless your souls.” I must say that today I am saddened because I think back to the Casey Anthony case where minimal time served was sufficient. This man served 20+ years and with no evidence really at hand, along with many recanted statements. Witnesses now say they were coerced by the police to accuse Mr. Davis.

How is it, that he still gets the death penalty? I believe the system should have deliberated longer and used modern technology to look for evidence. Sadly Troy's life has ended and many mourn, not just for Troy but for a Justice system that seems to be so UNJUST. Fortunatley God has the last say so and even though I disagree with how things ended, God knew this day would come and how it would end.

I pray for those family members of Officer MacPhail's family as well as Troy Davis family. It is time for US Citizens to rise up and speak against all the heinous situations in the justice system. Many are executed all the time unjustly without enough evidence. Then there are those who are guilty and should be punished, but to death? I beg to differ..

As America believes in serving penalty to those who committ crimes, I believe the People of the USA should do everything in our power to insure the fairness of our system. Time for us to take action and rise up against the UNJUST that lies within our JUSTICE system. Truly yesterday September 21, 2011 is one that me and my family will never forget. Time to take action!! RIP Troy Davis.. May God Bless us all & have mercy on America....Psalm 27:4-5 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.


Psalm 9:9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 22:24 For he has not despised or disdainedthe suffering of the afflicted one;he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help...

No comments: