Tuesday, November 25, 2008

He who dwells in the shelter of The Most High



This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it......On this morning at 10:20 am my favorite cousin Ashton J. Bridges past away... He was only 24 years young! He lived a great life...although it was filled with heartaches, pain and sorrow. He learned that the greatest LOVE of all is God and in Christ Jesus. My cousin loves the Lord and he demonstrated that much in his life struggles to live the best he could pleasing unto God... He touched the lives of many and he will never be forgotten.. I have learned to cherish every moment of the lives of your loved ones for you never know the day or the hour they will depart. Most High I will forever praise your name.. I honor you even still-You are worth of all my Praise!
AJB you will be truly missed...This Psalm is dedicated to you...
**************************************************************************
Psalms 91He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty I will say of the Lord he is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust .. Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness nor the plague that destroys at midday.

A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you, You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked ... If you make The Most High your dwelling--Even the Lord, who is my refuge--then no harm will befall you, no disaster will near your tent For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone..

You will tread upon the lion and cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. "Because he loves me," says the lord "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him, with long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Peace and Blessings
AJB I love you cuz!

1 comment:

AJ WOODSON said...

Man, where do I start....
I am still letting it sink in that He is no longer with us in the physical form, Sunday service, actually Shaw Temple as a whole will never be the same. Like everyone else he came in contact this brother touched my life as well. I got to know him especially the last month and a half, one thing I can say as we exchanged tour stories, and talked about life in general, for a 24 year old he lived his life to the FULLEST. He has done more and gone more places than most people twice his age. He has been around the world, grace stages with some giants in Gospel music. He lived his life to the fullest, unapologetic and enjoyed every day, every minute of it.
He may be gone but will never be forgotten. Sistah Kenya as he has been with you physically these last three years, he will continue to be with you and watch over you from up above!
I can hear him now, she still aint got no sense, my cousin kenay is crazy as he watches teh future unfold for you! He told you God was about to do a great thing in you, he saw it maybe before and when you didnt. HE WAS RIGHT! He helped you thru and was there for everything youhave gone thru these past few years and you have grown in Christ!
My prayers go out to Sistah Kenya and her family, the entire Bridges Family, and all the peoples whose lives he has touched. As Veronica was saying, Ashton touched many peoples lives and sowed many seeds in all of us in his short time with us and its up to us to water those seeds and nuture them and see that they grow. That is the best way we can honor him, to go on with our lives and live out our dreams we shared with him, and take a page from Ashton himself, live like there's no tomorrow, cause we were all with him a day before and no one is promised tomorrow so in doin Gods work and living out our dreams live each day to the fullest, like theres no tomorrow! And do it with a smile!
His work here is done and like Veronica said now he has been called home and is with the Father!
We shall rejoice in that!