Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August: Women's Month @ Shaw Temple

This month is women's month at Shaw Temple and Great things are happening. I was delighted to start the month off with a retreat in Toccoa, GA at Toccoa Falls with the women of Shaw. We spent two days fellowshipping, praying, meditating, learning and growing together. I was really intrigued by the breakout sessions facilitated by some of our very on ordained evangelists of Shaw Temple. The roster was as follows; Francilla Allen, Merchuria "Chase" Williams, Andrea Jallah, Kristen Berry, and Andrea Jones.
My favorite session was Mind, body, and Spirit facilitated by Rev. Andrea Jones.I was really moved by this session and I felt the power and annointing of God move during this session. God allowed me to see the great work he was doing through my sistah (Rev. Jones). She truly empowered me and gave a great word of encouragement to my spirit.
All my life I had wanted to fellowship with the women of God on a retreat, but I often hesitated because of the stereotypes of hackling women and gossiping going on. I have never been one for the drama!! I am relieved and honored to say though, through this retreat because, I kept my eyes on God all worked together for the good!!
The retreat was followed (a week later) by a Mother daughter bruncheon that me and my daughters attended and really enjoyed! It was another opportunity for fellowship and worship. I praise God for my sisters at Shaw for this is truly what has helped me to grow as a better chrsitian woman. Iron sharpens iron.

This past Saturday was a charitible event...the ladies got together to give products needed to the community-Back to school items, and they also provided things for battered mothers in shelters. I wasn't able to attend because I got married on this day but I look forward to the next couple of events that will be ending this years women's month @ Shaw Temple. Please check out the upcoming events on our website @ www.shawtemple.org The extravaganza will be held on August 30th 2009 at Shaw Temple @ 3pm There will be selections rendered by the women's 100 choir and praises unto God shall go up for another successful year of the women's months events. All praises be unto the Most High God.

A special thank you to all the women on the Women's Month committe that made all events possible! may God forever bless you and smile on you!

No comments: