Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fighting to STAY the Course...Praise confuses the adversary!

Lately my soul cries out for the Lord
I know I am enduring much not because of the times
I live in but because of whose child I am

I have been chosen to lead many while yet following
Following the Spirit of the Most High God
And my spiritual leaders Most High has chosen to guide me

There are times even in my journey when I feel downcast
Witihin my soul; but I know I serve a God that is able
Able to keep me from falling, able to sustain my walk

I put all my hope in Yahweh and yet will I praise my Lord
I remember from the lands of which I was brought and still yet tread
The lands of abuse, promiscuity, spiritual ignorance, and poverty

While I'm going through now I realize how much I've grown
Most High has kept me and given me much knowledge and wisdom
Wisdom to share with my brothers and sisters

Love and compassion for all
Although lately my soul has been disturbed within
I press forward toward the higher mark...that higher calling

For I will yet praise my Savior
I put ALL my hope in the one who is ABLE
Adonai, El Elyon, Elohim, El Shaddai, Jehovah, Yeshua

My Messsiah has come, died, has risen and still yet lives
The Ruach Hako'desh (Holy Spirit) is my comforter
My mind is stayed on thee for only Yah can purify me

I pray for those who are going through just as I am now
Not knowing whether they are coming or going but yet still holding on
I too shall hold on to see what the end gon' be

I will continue to declare the Lord
Praise and worship the Most High
From dawn to sunset I will praise

Even in the night my soul will rejoice in song
Today I go through another battle and tomorrow
I know that the Victory is already WON!

**Inspired by Psalms 42 and 46

No comments: