Sunday, July 25, 2010

The POWER in PRAYER


So often we think of prayer as a means of blessinig our food or wishing someone else well being, health, and prosperity. Well I have found that prayer is so much more!!! Even when I don't feel like praying I must urge myself to do so!! For this is my way of communication with my Creator, YHWH the one who sustains me. Throughout the Bible many men and women prayed hoping that the Lord would hear their cries, requests, and praise!

How often do you talk to God? It should not just be when you are going through but also when things are well. Lately it seems all hell has been breaking loose all around me. Yet I pray... I have always prayed and often times I feel God does not hear me..Do I stop Praying? NO!!!! I pray more!! For I know the word of YHWH tells me he hears me.. Sometimes there is silence and an answer may not come right away. YHWH just wants me to wait and be STILL. Being still does not mean I do nothing... I must still actively seek the face of my Father and call on my Savior Jesus Christ for he is my Advocate. He shall stand in the gap for me..Praying unceasingly because the Holy Spirit will translate my moans and groans unto the Father..

The bible gives us many examples of those who prayed for the upliftment of others even during the midst of their own struggles. As well, through their prayer they exemplified the love of Christ and Power of Prayer. Even requests of Prayer in the bible showed the expectant Power of Prayer.

Ephesians 6:19-20
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should....Request by Paul

Acts 4:31
After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.... The spirit of YHWH honors prayer

Colossians 1:9-14
9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 13For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins

I guess what I am trying to say is NEVER STOP PRAYING!! It doesn't have to be this long drawn out prayer. LORD HELP!! two words thats a prayer! Of course we want to give honor and Praise unto God when we pray. Thanking Jesus for being our advocate for it is in his name that we pray and it is only by him that we reach the father..Allow the Holy Spirit to overtake you and dwell within, for then you open the spiritual door for so many blessings. Confess your burdens, repent of your sin knowing and unknowingly but most of all take the time to talk to your Creator and allow YHWH to speak to you.. Which means at some point you must be quiet and listen. And Of course last but not least when you mostly feel like giving up and you feel praying aint worth nothing, cause it won't change anything...CONTINUE to pray until SOMETHING happens. My dear brothers and sistahs PUSH your way through and PRESS your way into the prescence of God!

Easier said then done I know but remember Joy shall come soon Trouble don't last always.. As I give you this word I minister to myself as well.. Please Pray for me and I will pray for you. Peace and Blessings FB Fam!

Ephesians 3:16-21
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


Sistah Kenya

No comments: